Before you start, we recommend replacing the carbon cartridge found in the lid of your Still Spirits 10 litre (2.5 US Gal) fermenter. This will help to remove any fermentation odours.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING A 10 LITRE WASH
1. Add 7.5 L (2 US Gal) of water at 30°C (86°F) to your 10 L (2.5 US Gal) fermenter.
2. Add 2.2 kg (4 lb 14 oz) of Turbo Sugar. Mix well to dissolve. Alternatively you can use white sugar, or 2.4 kg (5 lb 5 oz) Dextrose or corn sugar.
3. Add Yeast and Nutrient.
4. Gently massage the Turbo Carbon sachet and then add to the mix. Stir well.
5. Sit the fermenter at room temperature, approx. 18-24°C (65-75°F), for 7 days or until mix has stopped bubbling.
6. Once bubbles have stopped rising to surface of the mix, add the Turbo Clear. First vigorously stir the mix to remove all the gas.
7. Once degassed add the Finings A. Stir well then stand for 1 hour.
8. Add Finings B whilst stirring. Stop stirring as soon as all Finings B has been added. Do not stir vigorously as it will disrupt the clearing process. Stand for 24 hours then carefully remove clear wash for distilling.
After distilling you need to filter your spirit through the Air Still filter. Change the cartridge after each has been filtered. Replace polyethylene washers when they are flattened and no longer recover.