Lalvin QA23, selected on soil types from the area of the appelation of Vinhos Verdes in Portuga offers qualities of fermentive security bound to a weak demand in assimilable nitrogen and O2. Lalvin QA23 is an excellent choice for wine styles like Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Sémillon, Chardonel and Gewürstraminer.
- Low nutrient requirements.
- Low oxygen requirements.
- Capable of fermenting juice at low temperatures (15°C/59°F) to dryness.
- Excellent thiol converter.
- Notable complementary yeast for developing passion fruit character in Sauvignon Blancs.
- Produces large amounts of beta-glucosidase enzyme during growth, allowing for the release of bound terpenes in aromatic varieties
- Temperature Range of fermentation: 15°C to 32°C
- Fast fermentation speed
- Tolerance to alcohol: 16%