LalBrew London is a true English ale strain selected for reliable fermentation performance and moderate ester production that lets the flavors and aromas of malt and hops shine through. LalBrew® London was selected from the Lallemand yeast culture library, and is an excellent choice not only for brewing Extra Special Bitter but for other authentic heritage UK styles like Pale Ale, Bitter and Mild. LalBrew® London may also be used in the production of Ciders.
- In Lallemand’s Standard Conditions Wort at 20°C (68°F) LalBrew® London yeast exhibits: Vigorous fermentation that can be completed in 3 days.
- Medium attenuation and Low flocculation, Neutral to slightly fruity and estery flavor and aroma, allowing Malt aromas and flavors to shine through.
- The optimal temperature range for LalBrew® London yeast when producing traditional styles is 18°C(65°F) to 22°C(72°F).
- LalBrew® London does not utilise the sugar maltotriose (a molecule composed of 3 glucose units).Maltotriose is present in wort in an average 10-15% of all malt worts. The result will be fuller body and residual sweetness in beer. Be advised to adjust gravities and mash temperatures according to desired result.
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent on inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.