The T500 requires that the water flow to cool the Column is controlled. The best way to do this is by using the water control valve which is supplied with the machine. This allows for the careful control of water flow to the T500 column.

This is designed to fit onto a modern kitchen tap. When we say modern we need one that has an aerator on the end of it. This is normally a screw fitting which holds a piece of gauze in place and breaks up the water as its flows through the tap creating an aeration effect. You need to take this off and try to attach the needle valve directly to the tap.

If this is not an option then we suggest that you purchase the 20ml tap adaptor which will screw into the end of the needle valve. The 20ml tap adaptor will allow you to use a washing machine fitting or an outside style tap with an external 20mm (3/4") bsp thread.. This connector will also allow for the connection onto the hozelok or similar hose fittings so giving a great deal of flexibility in your water supply.

Failing that we only have one option and that is to use a push on Rubber Tap Connector fitting. This will simply push over your tap. The problem is that you will not be able to use the needle valve. To fit this you would think it couldn’t possibly go onto the tubing as the bore size is too small. Oh it will but you need to soak the tubing in hot water and maybe open up the internal bore by carefully putting something like a pair of scissors into the end, to expand it.

The reason the water flow is so important is we are only concerned with controlling the water temperature at the outlet point. Once we have this set if we get fluctuating water pressures it’s much easier to look at this when the needle valve is in line. Don’t worry if this is not an option all we have to do is try and run the still when other people in the house aren’t using water (like the washing machine and running a bath).

Depending upon the type of taps you have you may need to arrange a water supply connection specific to your needs. You may be able to make use of the ‘Hozelok’ range (or similar) connectors available from DIY stores and garden centres.


Still Spirits T500 - Water Flow Controller

20mm Adapter for Water Flow Controller

Still Spirits Water Flow Regulator