1. Read all instructions
2. Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs.
3. To protect against fire, electric shock and injury to persons, do not immerse cord or plugs in water or other liquid.
4. Close supervision is necessary when any appliance is used by or near children.
5. Unplug from outlet when not in use and before cleaning. Allow to cool before putting on or taking off parts and before cleaning the appliance.
6. Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord or plug or after the appliance malfunctions, or has been damaged in any manner. Return appliance to the nearest authorised service facility for examination, repair or adjustment.
7. The use of accessory attachments not recommended by the appliance manufacturer may result in fire, electric shock or injury to persons.
8. Do not use outdoors.
9. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
10. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
11. Do not use appliance for other than intended use.
12. Do not boil solids or bulk particulate matter (i.e whole/pulped fruit) as this can burn, causing the safety switch to trip and the thermal fuse to break. If this occurs, your unit will no longer be functional.
13. Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the brewing cycles.
14. This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
15. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
16. In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal cut-out, this appliance must not be supplied through an external switching device, such as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly switched on and off by the utility.
17. WARNING - Do not remove the lid while the liquid is boiling.
18. The appliance must not be immersed.
19. This appliance can be used by children aged from 3 years and above if they have been given supervision or instructions concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are aged from 8 years and above and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of reach of children aged less than 3 years.
a) Surface becomes extremely hot when in use. Do not touch.
b) Let the boiler cool down before opening lid to empty. Take care when opening lid as steam may be generated.
c) To empty, have boiler close to a sink/drain. Unclip lid when the boiler has cooled and open the tap to drain the wash out of the boiler. once the level of liquid drops below the tap, close the tap and then carefully tilt the boiler towards the sink/drain to gradually empty the rest of the contents.
d) A short power supply cord (or detachable power supply cord) is to reduce risks resulting from becoming entangled in or tripping over a long cord.
e) If a long detachable power supply cord or extension cord is used:
- The marked electrical rating of the detachable power supply cord or extension cord should be at least as great as the electrical rating of the appliance.
- If the appliance is of the grounded type, the extension cord should be a grounding type 3 wire cord.
- The longer cord should be arranged so that it will not drape over the counter top or table top where it can be pulled on by children or tripped over.
f) To prevent damage to the appliance do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning, use a soft cloth and a mild detergent.
g) Must fasten the lid by clips before use.
h) The heating element surface is subject to residual heat after use.
Beer Boiler - Excellent for both malt extract or all-grain 'brew-in-a-bag' methods of brewing, the electric boiler removes the need for gas heating and allows you to also brew indoors. Simply add water (check the product packaging for ingredient volume details) and bring the boiler to mash temperature (roughly 60-70°C) then add hopped malt extract, sugar or grain in a mesh bag into your boiler. Fit the lid and clamp in place. Bring to the boil for 10 minutes. If you wish to add some hop aroma to your beer then you can add finishing hops either a few minutes before the end of the boil or just at the end of the boil. Cool your beer with a wort cooler before syphoning off into the fermenter and making up the volume specified on your extract packaging or recipe details.
CLEANING - BEFORE FIRST USE
To clean and protect the boiler (the manufacturer often uses food grade cleaning oil), it is recommended you clean your boiler before first use:
1. Remove all packaging from the boiler
2. Wipe the boiler and lid with a cloth soaked in warm soapy water.
3. Fill the boiler with water to “MAX” level, boil, discard the water and then rinse thoroughly. Clean your boiler after use with a weak solution of dishwashing liquid. Scrub the inside with a nylon brush or similar. Wipe down the outside with a damp cloth.
CLEANING - AFTER USE
1. Clean your boiler after use with a weak solution of dishwashing liquid. Scrub the inside with a nylon brush or similar. Wipe down the outside with a damp cloth. Do not immerse in water. Any other servicing should be performed by an authorised service representative.